The Mathematics Department aims to combine an appreciation of the power and beauty of Mathematics with the responsibility to prepare each pupil thoroughly for presentation in external examinations and to provide them with the mathematical understanding that will underpin their experience in other subject areas.
At Redstone we support our KS3 National Curriculum Numeracy teaching with the Oxford Press ‘MyMaths for KS3’.
MyMaths for KS3 provides our teachers with:
- official links to MyMaths resources to help classroom teaching achieve a fully coherent KS3 delivery
- a truly differentiated structure so that all levels of ability can access the new curriculum, including all the new topics
- coherent progression through the KS3 phases, with ‘learn it once and learn it well’ philosophy leading to secure knowledge
- a wealth of practice to promote fluency, underpinned by reasoning and problem-solving to build strong foundations students can be in full control of their attainment
- highly visual student resources, making classroom delivery easier and bringing maths alive for our students
- all materials, including full teacher support for the new curriculum, written by teachers for teachers
The Edexcel International GCSE in Mathematics A specification is assessed through two papers. Focusing on mathematical skills, techniques and concepts and how to use them to solve problems, it’s designed as a two-year course for teaching in UK independent schools.